Been on the 2270 beta for over a week now, really enjoying the alpha masks. But I am noticing some bugs not sure if it’s related to alpha masks or not, I’ll list’em out
- I see a “seam” at my waist line when wearing a shirt with the torso exposed. Skin texture no longer matches my lower skin, as the upper body seems darker. This only seems to manifest when the shirt is set in “appearance mode” with the “shirt bottom” is raised up. If the shirt’s TEXTURE has an alpha layer that has this area exposed, you don’t see this problem.
- In the IM/Local Chat window, if i scroll up to look at old messages, and then try to click an avatar name (to see profile) or highlight text, the windows immediately snaps to the bottom, and I end up clicking the wrong name, or highlighting the wrong text. The scroll needs to be LOCKED.
- Export function in inventory (right-click – Export) doesn’t seem to do anything. Even if it did work, where is there the import function?
- When the newer “shadow rendering” is enabled, screenshots in this mode are totally flat with no effects, and any object with an alpha channel aren’t visible.
- Is it possible to fix the “see though” bug with .PNG textures on objects with alpha channels? This is when some objects using .PNG alpha textures will appear solid (where it needs to be solid) and then transparent depending on distance and angle of view. It also makes objects in the background appear in front of these objects totally screwing up your perception. Is this purely a nvidia bug? Why can’t this be fixed/worked around client side? Why wait for LL to fix this? It’s been like this for over 5 years.
- I hate the client bridge! Why does it need to rez and create a new one EVERY TIME I login? (yeah not an issue in beta) Why can’t it just keep using the existing one i already have, unless there’s an update to the script? Why does it need to rez the prim in world first to do this? It is possible to put a script in an object when you’re wearing it.
- I love the built-in AO, however forcing us to place everything in the #emerald folder just makes one giant clusterfuck. If you’re a user who likes to switch around from one AO set to another (especially of you change avatar looksets that require a different AO to look and work proper). You’ll have to go down pages and pages though animations and different notecards just to find the notecard you want want to use is a bit of a pain in the ass. There needs to be an easy way to change from one set of AO’s to another.
- I’d also like to see a built-in dance animator. We just drop a bunch of dance animations we have and mark the folder as “dances” and Emerald uses them when I wanna dance. This would be like a simpler version of the built-in AO, but separate from that but has controls to change to a different dance, timer adjustments, random toggle, but no need for a notecard to set it up as the AO does. It should automatically turns off the AO when in use, and turns the AO back on when you’re done dancing.