Here’s a list of wants in the next version of emerald
Of course these ideas should be toggleable, so you can enable or disable.
- In the “communicate” window, on the groups list; double clicking on a group will activate the group, instead of opening group IM chat.
- An export function of ALL settings in Emerald for transferring settings from one PC to another, or as a backup when you need to reinstall your OS. Export functions include: log files, preference settings, beam patterns, debug settings, Advanced menu settings, viewer AO setting, alt avatar login lists, pre-made build prims,
- Also the export file should be cross compatible with Windows, Mac, and Linux versions of Emerald.
- A way to manage Log files. A way to browse them, sort them, SEARCH THEM, read them, delete copy and backup. Maybe even merge older log files with other ones from conversations with the same avatar.
- An automatic animation stop that occurs during teleport (default toggle ON), so noobs aren’t constantly stuck in a sex animation when teleporting from a poseball.
- Fully detachable window floaters that can be moved OUT SIDE of the viewer window. This includes IM/local chat windows, inventory, torn-off menu floaters, Edit/build dialog, anything! This would be ideal for dual monitor users, then I can put all my IM/local chat on my 2nd monitor.
- The ability to mute attached objects with out muting the avatar.
- An automatic message sent to muted avatars who try to IM you; the message can be changed from whatever is default.
- Add support for 3D glasses as someone has already done this in another viewer, but is outdated.
- Radar should highlight avatars on your friend list, as well as mark avatars on your mute list, in some way (colored text or highlights.)
- When I get a friend request, I’d like to be able to quickly click a button to view their profile on the blue drop down menu before I accept, deny or ignore.
- Ability to turn a SLURL into a Landmark