In all my years of SL, there still a lot of annoying things in SL.
1) People still use attached scripted “Radars” (e.g. Free Radar HUD v1.1 by Crystal Gadgets) when all modern viewers (including LL’s viewer) already have a built-in people list (radars) that are way more advanced and have much better functionality than these old scripts do. Stop using them already!
2) People (mostly noobs) still send me friend requests with out as much as a conversation first, or even a hello. Since the existence of “social media sites” the concept of a “friend” has down-graded into near meaninglessness, where it’s just a number on your profile showing how many strangers seem to like you. A lot of those aren’t even real people since spammers and bots will make bogus accounts to fluff up other peoples follower counts, and post spam. Second Life predates all of that bullshit, so a friends is (or should be) people you actually have gotten to know. All though SL has gotten more like a “social network” in recent years, it’s horrible. After all the number of people you have as friends isn’t listed publicly on your SL profile (not to be confused for your followers since you can’t control who follows you), so why bother adding friends when you’re not actually MAKING friends?
3) LL’s viewer disables group role tag text in nametags by default, so users don’t see my group role tag text in my nametag. Which explains why I’m constantly getting hit on by broke-ass noobtards for free sex when my group tag clearly says “Shemale Escort” right over my head. Another reason (though minor) why LL’s viewer is complete shite.
4) Those douchebags who take my freebie penis, and try to resell it in the Marketplace using images of something else. <sigh> There’s little I can do about this since you need to pay layers to get anything done. DMCA doesn’t protect creations made my private individuals, it protects large business and corporations from their IPs from being used by others. The worse part is that I get all the flack from the users who buy these bogus items because my name is shown as the creator. Even though they bought it from someone else and whoever they are got their L$, I still get shit from these users. People need to check their transaction history to see where the L$ is going.
5) The interest list. After all these years they still haven’t figured this shit out. Every time i teleport, attachments vanish and don’t render even though they ARE being worn. You’d think this would have been fixed years ago, or maybe a work-around that was automaticaly done on the viewer side could be put in. but nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.